Sunday, September 23, 2018

Meet the Real Estate Tech Founder: Marty Collins from Dezignable

In our latest real estate tech entrepreneur interview, we’re speaking with Marty Collins from Dezignable. Several months ago, I first met her at a real estate tech meetup where Bryan Copley was presenting. We’re thrilled to have her as a member of Geek Estate Mastermind.

Without further ado…

What do you do?

I started Dezignable, Inc. with my business partner, Alison Andrews Reyes, out of our mutual love for home design. So aside from typical CEO responsibilities of promoting our business and keeping it running, I am still involved in creating interior designs for multi-family properties. Being involved in this key aspect of Dezignable brings me a lot of joy and keeps me connected to the founding spirit of our company.

What problem does your product/service solve?

When Dezignable first started, we focused on consumer designs, but made the pivot to B2B sales a couple years ago when we realized there was a multi-family property market that was in need of design services.

My company is unique because our service provides an all-inclusive interior design solution for multi-family properties by offering free professional design. The current model seen outside of Dezignable is to be charged an hourly rate for design work, and we are disrupting that idea to create a streamlined process focused on the end result, namely a beautiful interior space.

What are you most excited about right now?

I am very excited about the rollout a one-of-a-kind machine learning platform that allows anyone to create their own custom design proposal while accounting for their unique preferences, budget and specifications. More on this coming soon!

What’s next for you?

Dezignable is currently transitioning the scale of our business to expand nationally; I hope to be in every major metropolitan area by the end of 2019. This is a big jump from where we started, and thinking about how I am scaling our resources to support an expanded pipeline is such an interesting challenge. One key aspect of this growth is developing a partnership with leading property management brands to create a process that is fast, easy, and transportable. I am always focused on the relationship aspect of our work, and supporting our customer partners is the key our growth.

What’s a cause you’re passionate about and why?

As a female leader, myself, I am very passionate about female entrepreneurs. I mentor aspiring entrepreneurs through the University of Washington and hope to see more women starting their own businesses. Within our economy, we need to focus on helping women gain access to funding and resources to start and maintain their own business, because women-owned businesses are a key aspect of the US economy; they supported over 9 million American jobs last year. Another way I advocate for women is by ensuring, within my own business, that I partner with other female entrepreneurs.

Meet The RE Tech EntrepreneurThanks to Marty for sharing her story. If you’d like to connect, find her on LinkedIn here.

We’re constantly looking for great real estate tech entrepreneurs to feature. If that’s you, please read this post — then drop me a line (drew @ geekestatelabs dot com).

The post Meet the Real Estate Tech Founder: Marty Collins from Dezignable appeared first on GeekEstate Blog.



from GeekEstate Blog https://ift.tt/2NwhlSI

No comments:

Post a Comment