Friday, January 19, 2018

Geek Estate Founding Member Spotlight: Jennifer Kjellgren from Intown Expert Realty

We’re going to start a series of interviews with Geek Estate founding members (there were 50 slots, which are all filled now). The interviews will give you a taste of current business priorities, what products and trends to watch in 2018, and what they like about being a member.

First up is Jennifer Kjellgren from Intown Expert Realty in Atlanta. Thank you Jennifer for being a founding member (and for being the guinea pig for the 1st interview)!

Without further ado…

What’s your most significant business focus for 2018?

Scalability. We are in growth mode now and are working hard to find quality agents – and – have the programs and systems to onboard and train them well. I take a very hands-on approach to with training/mentoring, so scaling and maintaining high quality is very important for us. Our little brokerage (Intown Expert) just turned 3, and we are finally in a good groove with the right people in the right seats. There was a lot of failing forward to get to this point, so now it’s time to fill more positions with more of the right people! I’m hoping to have about 20 solid agents this year (we currently have 7). I’m also looking forward to exploring some verticals in our market: relocation and the medical industry are two programs that we are launching. We are excited about building programs for these verticals in our market.

What real estate technology trend or product are your most excited about?

I have a few that are top of mind:

  1. I’m a little partial to this first one (as my husband and business partner) has created a brokerage dashboard product that we are testing called DASHIER (Dashboard Intown Expert Realty). It’s exciting because it was built from Jonathan getting into our brokerage business fulltime (2016) and understanding the problems with the information living in silos. There was poor visibility into our business, and our tools didn’t talk to one another. This system attaches to our back office and QuickBooks, is super easy to use, and talks (or will talk) to our other systems. He looked at a few platforms and decided to build versus buy. It’s been fun to watch it unfold. Additionally, it helps me coach and train the agents as the agent facing side allows the agents visibility into their business, the company knowledge base, and market intel.
  2. I’ve been interested in predictive analytics since 2012. I tried some of the products (smart zip) back then but didn’t like the whole package. I appreciate how companies today are looking at redefining the technology in useful ways. I’m starting to play with a product, First.io, that takes a different spin on predictive analytics to identify sellers within your sphere/database. It’s an interesting, and more useful, approach for our business.
  3. Finally, I’m trying to learn more and get my head around blockchain technology. (I am determined to get enough info, so I can have an intelligent conversation at a cocktail or dinner party and not be a dinosaur!) I am thankful for many of the smart people and discussions in the Geek Estate community, which I have learned a lot. I’m still trying to understand where and when this is useful and how it applies to real estate.

What do you like about being a Geek Estate member?

I appreciate Geek Estate and the conversations about technology, the group of forward-thinking people, and space online where the noise is less. I would not consider myself techie and like to surround myself with people smarter than I – which pretty much describes the community! While I can’t geek out on many of the conversations, I enjoy learning and understanding more about technology trends and discussions. I enjoy the diversity of Geek Estate members. And, I appreciate that nobody is trying to peddle or sell you their wares;  there’s enough of that on Facebook. I look forward to contributing where and when I can and appreciate being involved!

Geek Estate Membership

Interested in joining?

The post Geek Estate Founding Member Spotlight: Jennifer Kjellgren from Intown Expert Realty appeared first on GeekEstate Blog.



from GeekEstate Blog http://ift.tt/2DsQpgV

No comments:

Post a Comment