Sunday, January 20, 2019

Meet the Real Estate Tech Founder: Kym Dyson from Tiny Tomato Design

In our latest real estate tech entrepreneur interview, we’re speaking with Kym Dyson from Tiny Tomato Design.

Without further ado…

What do you do?

I’ve been passionate about graphic design ever since I can remember. It’s such a hard industry to break into and as I grew up in South Australia the opportunities to pursue this career were scarce. After landing a position and making some networks who had previously owned marketing/graphic design businesses internationally I took the opportunity to travel the world while working as a contractor in London, The Netherlands, and more recently Canada. I had noticed everywhere I had worked that there was a real opportunity to help real estate agencies find new and better ways to professionally and creatively interact with their current and prospective clients. Tiny Tomato Design was a name I created back when I was studying graphic design and when I decided to take the leap and start my own business aimed at supporting the real estate industry I couldn’t think of a better name that reminds me of my passions and the long hard road I’ve been on pursuing what I love.

What problem does your product/service solve?

I am really focussed on assisting real estate agents put their best foot forward when consulting with buyers or sellers. One gap in the market that we now know is in high demand as we reach more clientele is a professional buyers/sellers guide and listing presentations. The work we do ensures the quality of these presentations can be provided at an extremely affordable rate compared to a lot of other businesses who offer these products, if they offer them at all. What may cost in the vicinity of $3,000 we can produce with the same, if not more quality for as little as $500.

What are you most excited about right now?

I’m really excited about the growth opportunities in this market, not only for Tiny Tomato Design but for the industry as a whole. Creating more trust between real estate agents and customers, providing more confidence and clarity for buyers and sellers, and watching our clients succeed with these amazing presentations is up there with some of my life’s greatest joys. As a business owner and dealing with a lot of self-employed clients it’s great to have the understanding of what it takes to successfully run a business, and to be able to empower other business owners to succeed is what I can’t wait to do more of.

What’s next for you?

We’ve started to expand our business to support not only USA and Canada but also Australia. I’ve wanted to get back home and create a few more opportunities for those that were like me; trying to break into the graphic design industry. It’s still not an easy profession to get into and taking the opportunity to travel back to Australia and still get back to Canada (which feels like a new home) while creating more job opportunities is where we are looking to take this business.

What’s a cause you’re passionate about and why?

Beyondblue is a non-profit organisation focussed on addressing issues associated with depression, suicide, anxiety, and other related mental disorders. I’ve been a long-time supporter of this organisation as I’ve dealt with anxiety issues myself but have lost some close friends to much larger disorders that Beyondblue helps 3 million Australians with. They offer great support but a lot of educational material as well for others to learn about the types of mental health disorders that are profound across the world but specifically within Australia.

Meet The RE Tech EntrepreneurThanks to Kym for sharing his story. If you’d like to connect, find him on LinkedIn here.

We’re constantly looking for great real estate tech entrepreneurs to feature. If that’s you, please read this post — then drop me a line (drew @ geekestatelabs dot com).

The post Meet the Real Estate Tech Founder: Kym Dyson from Tiny Tomato Design appeared first on GeekEstate Blog.



from GeekEstate Blog http://bit.ly/2DmYsLj

No comments:

Post a Comment