Friday, August 25, 2017

I’m Not a Reporter

When I get pitches from PR pros and founders, it’s often under the pretense that I’m a journalist and my job is to write about their company.

They clearly haven’t done their research. If they had, they’d understand I’m not a reporter and have no plans to ever become one. I’m just a geek who loves real estate, and have zero desire to add to the endless noise (which is worse in 2017 than it was in 2013 when I wrote the post). Keep in mind, Geek Estate doesn’t make more money when we publish more content. We hear from readers constantly the reason they love this blog is precisely because we don’t write about every product launch/update and every piece of industry news that gets sent to our inbox.

If you are a startup/vendor and want coverage here on Geek Estate, figure out a way to be innovative. Stand out. Be different. Don’t re-create the wheel. Login to Horizon, and support the crowd funding campaign for Horizon (read more about why here). Complete a founder interview. Be bold. Peak my personal curiosity. Prove you’re building defensibility. Relate your product to what I care about (travel, community, microfinance, etc). Know my passion lies in consumer products.

Or, become one of our sponsors.

Whatever you do, do not expect sending a canned press release to result in coverage.

Have a great weekend.

The post I’m Not a Reporter appeared first on GeekEstate Blog.



from GeekEstate Blog http://ift.tt/2w5D0a1

No comments:

Post a Comment