Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Should laws preventing felons from voting even after being released from prison be ended?

Yes, I believe they should be allowed to vote.

While I do not necessarily believe the slate should be wiped clean (for instance, I believe sexual predators should continue to be monitored after release, and I do not think felons convicted of violent crimes should be allowed to own a firearm), I think all former convicts should have their right to vote reinstated.

We want them to integrate back into society, and this is one way to facilitate that. It costs nothing, and it injures no one. If I was trying to turn my life around after release from prison, this would mean a lot to me.

Thanks for asking, Alecia.



Read other answers by Rick Bruno on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/1PgG0G0

No comments:

Post a Comment