Friday, October 21, 2016

How did you foil/dodge someone else's attempt to cheat or deceive you?

I was at a Walmart parking lot, and a woman came up to me asking for gas money.   I asked where her car was and she indicated that it was on the side of  the road about two blocks away, but if I gave her  five dollars, she'd buy gas and would be able to get back to her home some  miles away, get her wallet she had left behind, and pick up her child  she'd left in someone else's care.   She swore it wasn't going to be used for drink or drugs.  In fact, if I gave her my  name and address, she would send me the five dollars back. 

I asked her where her gas can was.  She said she did not have one.   She asked if I could spare $3 for gas.  I said you will need a gas can to carry gas to your car; filling stations don't lend them out anymore.  " Come on. " I said, "Let's go inside, and I'll buy you a gas can."

"I need money for gas"

"Money for gas isn't going to do you any good without a container to put it in; I will buy one."

"But...but you don't understand.  I need money for gas."

" I understand perfectly.   Goodbye."


Read other answers by Allen Inks on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2dTPaaI

No comments:

Post a Comment