Saturday, July 30, 2016

Indonesia: What is the weirdest experience you ever had in Indonesia?

hmmm…let see,

Experience One

There is this one time that i got stopped by the police in Bandung and got a ticket for having only one mirror on my motor cycle, if my memory serve me right.

So, since i already heard sooooo many stories about how corrupt the police is and how bad our law enforcement and so on, i was kinda expecting the police officer to offer me “peace negotiation” so that the matter can be settled right there on the spot rather than in front of the judge or even try to give an impression that he was willing to do such thing, but he didnt.

He just wrote the ticket and hand it over to me and told me to which court to go to and on what date.

Experience Two

At the designated date, i went to the designated court to pay the ticket. That was my first time to ever stepped my foot in court of justice and i really didnt know what to do the minute after i have arrived. I was like an idiot looking right and left and watching where the other people gone once they arrived like me and since i also heard many stories (again) about how awful the process is and the length of it, i was ready to find my self a broker, a person who gonna settle my ticket through back door channel.

But, as a first timer i wanted to see it through and proved whether the story is true or not. At least when it is true then i will get a story “to brag” on with my friends, how i have survive the great tribulation that everyone talked about.

It turned out differently.

The process was quick, unlike what i have heard before. Yes there are many people just like me but it was quick and in order. The officer will call us 5 by 5 to get into the room and meet the judge to decide the amount i should pay according to the law. The whole process is done in 30 minutes, more or less, far shorter then the stories i have heard. And there is really no need to use the broker after all.

What is the weirdest experience you ever had in Indonesia?
I have experience a reality that 180 degrees different than the reality that i have been lead to believe. It is wonderful to see such order once in a while.



Read other answers by Febri Patar on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2algIJE

No comments:

Post a Comment