Thursday, July 28, 2016

Why is Debbie Wasserman Schultz against open primaries? Does the DNC agree with her?

I’m with Peter Flom.

I couldn’t say exactly why Debbie Wasserman Schultz is opposed to open primaries, but I know exactly why I am.

I support closed primaries because I do not want non-Democrats messing with the Democratic primary, as I assume Republicans do not want non-Republicans messing with their Republican primary.

I want everyone who votes in my primary to have skin in the game. So, no, I do not support same-day party registration. That is a recipe for mischief. Why put out the welcome mat for it? If someone really wants to change parties, let them meet the applicable deadline.



Read other related questions on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2aBzed9

No comments:

Post a Comment