Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Is it true that in USA it’s illegal to talk to children and you have to ask them "where is your parent?" first?

While it is not against any law, if you are a man (sadly) it is not safe to talk to any young child if one or both of their parents is not there and can hear every word that you say.

Unfortunately, at this point in time, any adult male talking to a young child is automatically assumed by onlookers to be a pedophile in the earliest stages of child abduction.

When my granddaughter was young (she is now in her pre-teenage years) and I would babysit, I knew that if we went to a public playground without her parents, some observer would immediately assume I was a child molester rather than immediately assume I was the little girl’s grandfather.

Since my son and daughter-in-law were with us when this picture was taken, I ceased to be a “suspect”.



Read other answers by Richard White on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2as2qX7

No comments:

Post a Comment