Tuesday, July 12, 2016

When a fan meets an actor on the street and doesn't know his name but instead says something like "You are Jesse from Breaking Bad, you're so great", would he think that's disrespectful or be honored because he's well known for his work?

Personally, the opposite would totally bum me out--if somebody ran up to me and screamed, "OH MY GOD, YOU'RE ZACH DAVIDSON! You were in...that one thing...wait, I know this one..." 

At that point, I would have failed as an actor. My job is not to be a celebrity, it is not to make my own name known. It is to give life to a character.

I would consider it a HUGE compliment if somebody recognized me for a role, but couldn't tell me my real name. That would mean that I only existed to them as that character (which is my job).


Read other answers by Zach Davidson on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/29ONRtk

No comments:

Post a Comment