Sunday, July 17, 2016

Why are some teenagers so uninterested in everything?

I have met a lot of teenagers and I have yet to meet one who was uninterested in everything. In fact, the only people I’ve met who were uninterested in everything are adults with severe depression. Even depressed teenagers don’t seem to get to this level of uninterestedness. I was suicidally depressed when I was a teen, but I was still interested in lots of things.

HOWEVER, many teens are interested in separating from their parents.. One way to do this is to not let their parents know about their interests, thus the prototypical conversation:

Mom: Where’d you go?

Teen: Out

Mom: What did you do?

Teen: Nothing

Many teens are also convinced (rightly or wrongly) that their parents will disapprove of the things they are interested in.



Read other answers by Peter Flom on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2a0me0T

No comments:

Post a Comment