Thursday, July 21, 2016

What is a photo of the best moment of your life?


My husband Jay, took this photo minutes after the birth of our daughter.

At the time, I DID NOT want my photo taken, after: 

  • 36 hours at the hospital, hooked up to fetal monitoring machines & a hep-lock
  • 16 hours of increasingly strong doses of pitocin
  • 2.5 hours of pushing
  • No epidural or any pain medications

When our baby was finally born, the last thing I thought of was a photo.  And I am a photo person.

I optimistically (naively?) packed lipstick and make-up in my hospital bag hoping to pull a HRH the Duchess of Cambridge



However, at this moment I could barely look at my husband.  The thought of putting on lipstick seemed about as likely as standing at the gates of Buckingham palace.

When my husband showed me the photo at the hospital, I quickly glanced at it and forbid him from posting or showing anyone. I thought the photo of just our daughter was far cuter.

Yet, when I came home from the hospital and my hormones had died down, I looked at the photo and almost cried -- it was a photo of the best moment of my life. 

This really was the best moment of my life.  Yet, at the time I was so mentally and physically drained that I could barely think straight.

Giving birth is a once in a lifetime event, but I have found many of my best photos have been taken when I am not thinking about or perpared to take a photo. Sadly, mediocre and boring shots are usual captured when I'm prepared and posing.  What I regret now is that I don't have a picture of the two of us and my husband.

Birth Story:  Mira Zaslove's answer to What does childbirth feel like?

Read other answers by Mira Zaslove on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2adQxCr

No comments:

Post a Comment