Monday, July 11, 2016

When do you feel, or when have you felt, the most alone?

I was 22, recently graduated from university and had a new job.
Life was perfect. Then one day I returned back home from a wedding party and found my mom, dad and brother sitting together (which was rare) in a very serious mood.
As I entered the house my brother gave me a look that gave me chills. I knew something would happen.
My parents looked very upset too.
I ignored all, said hello and went to my room.
My mum followed me and told me I was grounded. They wanted me to resign from work too.

Why? Was my question.

I was told that this guy, who was my neighbor, had called my brother and said some sick stuff about me.
My image was shattered, my character was in question but what disappointed me was my parents, my only brother, my whole family, trusted that asshole more than me.
I was born in that family, I had spent 22 years with them and this is what they believed in!
The guy had a reason. I had rejected him and the offer to be his sweetheart.
I took a stand for myself.  I didn't leave my job, my friends or my life. But yes, I felt the loneliest person at that moment. There was nobody who trusted me, wanted me or believed in me. I lost my appetite, I went under depression.

I attempted suicide.
 
Then I stood up again. I pulled myself out of depression.  I knew if there's anything that I'll ever need it will come from within me.

Today, I believe in my own strength.


Read other answers by Unaiza NAsim on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/29E832a

No comments:

Post a Comment