Friday, September 30, 2016

Have you ever almost died and had something inexplicable save you?

I had many close calls but there was one close call I will never forget last 2011 when I was running downhill, slipped a step, and fell off a ravine. I was rolling and tumbling for I cannot remember how many times. I just felt roots and stones hitting my ribs, my legs, my chest, then, I blacked out.

I woke up to a voice saying, "DON'T MOVE, JUST STAY THERE, WE'RE HERE." when I gained back my consciousness, I saw our mountain guide and three hiking buddies all secured with harnesses descending toward me. I checked myself to know how "grave my situation was and I saw myself hanging by a tree branch that caught my bag's hip belt. Below me are huge rough rock formations that could've broken me into pieces. 

I love trees.

ETA: The only injuries I had were a bruised thigh, cuts and abrasions in various parts of my body, and a fat lip.



Read other answers by Kat Marasigan on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2dh8zVi

No comments:

Post a Comment