Wednesday, September 28, 2016

How do you get treated when wearing makeup vs. when you're not?

I notice a difference in how people treat me.

You can probably tell which side of my face has makeup in the above picture. When I go out with a naked face, people will ask me if I'm sick. They'll ask if I stayed up all night or if I'm hungover. It's rude, but people in this world are cruel and dumb and don't know any better. I work in a sales position, and I have to look good. I hate that women's appearances are constantly the subject of controversy, but in the case of makeup, you're damned either way. “You wear makeup? You're fake, vain, and must be insecure. You don't wear makeup? You don't care about your image, you'll never find someone looking like that!”

Even in that picture, it doesn't look like there's a huge difference. I put a little brow stuff on, concealer, and a rosy color on my lips and cheeks. A dash of mascara, and I'm out the door. But it makes all the difference.



Read other answers by Dana Fletcher on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2d8ZLAM

No comments:

Post a Comment