Wednesday, July 27, 2016

If you were human and unwillingly had the embodiment of a "God" thrust into you, making you immortal and all powerful, what would you do?

When I was a kid, I thought “one day, I will be a grownup and I can do whatever I want. There will be nobody who can tell me what to eat. I will have Cap’n Crunch cereal and chocolate brownies for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every single day!”

Now I am a grownup, and I really can have Cap’n Crunch cereal and chocolate brownies for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every single day. But I don’t. I know things I didn’t know as a kid, like the fact that it is possible to get sick of Cap’n Crunch cereal and chocolate brownies, and that there are better things in the world than Cap’n Crunch cereal and chocolate brownies (like sushi!), and I won’t feel good if I eat Cap’n Crunch cereal and chocolate brownies all the time.

This question has the same problem that I had when I was a kid.

If I suddenly had all the power and all the knowledge of a god thrust upon me, I have no idea what I would do. Any predictions I would make would be like the six-year-old me who absolutely insisted that Cap’n Crunch cereal and chocolate brownies for breakfast, lunch, and dinner was my plan for adulthood: those predictions would be based on ignorance. Once I had that knowledge and that ability, I suspect I would find out that any answer I might come up with now was based on ignorance and inexperience.



Read other answers by Franklin Veaux on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2a8U96H

No comments:

Post a Comment