Thursday, July 28, 2016

My dog attacked my child out of jealousy. What should I do?

As usual when a dog "goes bad" it is the owner's fault.
First off you have failed to properly train your dog as evidenced by; "I had to kick my dog in the jaw, to prevent him from attacking my child."
Your dog should respond to your voice commands a loud NO, or STOP should have been sufficient to stop the dog in it's tracks. Your dog doesn't respect your leadership.
There may be a problem with the way the dog and the child were introduced to each other but that is not evident in the short story we were given.
The dog's discipline problem could probably be fixed but until it is the risk is just far too high. The dog either goes or you make damn sure the dog and child are never left unattended together and that you are always in between them if they are together.


Read other answers by Mike Neville on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2ahTPDL

No comments:

Post a Comment