Saturday, June 25, 2016

How does an atheist find the courage of risking his/her eternal afterlife?

Firstly, I don't see any sign of an afterlife. There is not the slightest evidence for it, and much evidence that people invent it through sheer wishful thinking.

But suppose there is an afterlife. What do I have to do to achieve it? You will quote some form of prophet as having the answer. I will answer that I simply do not believe any of the prophets on offer. Suppose the only way of attaining the afterlife is to say "Bibbly Bibbly whoop" six times a say - how can you dare to risk your soul by not doing it? Or suppose the only way is by human sacrifice - how do you dare not sacrifice in order? These make as much sense, to me, as the claims of Christianity or Islam. Luckily, not believing in an afterlife, I don't have to do these or any of the other things that just might be the keys to the afterlife.


Read other answers by Alec Cawley on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/28Zu4tW

No comments:

Post a Comment