Thursday, June 30, 2016

What do Americans think of Australia?

There are, as far as I know, three types of Americans:

  • Americans who think Australia sounds awesome because they've read In A Sunburned Country.
  • Americans who think Australia sounds awesome for some other reason.
  • Americans who have been to Australia and found it awesome.

It's odd now that I think about it, but in 35 years of living in the USA, I've never heard anyone say one bad word about Australia. The general impression I get, and that I think a lot of Americans get, is that it's sort of a cross of some of the better aspects of the US and England, with just enough opportunities to be killed instantly by nature to give life a little spice.


Read other answers by Phil Darnowsky on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/296yHiF

No comments:

Post a Comment