Sunday, June 26, 2016

What's Brian Bi's personal opinion on Edward Snowden and were his leaks justified?

My understanding is that some of them concerned secret government surveillance programs that any reasonable person would consider a gross violation of privacy and abuse of government power. To reveal this to the public was not only justified, but commendable. As for other documents, I don't know. Perhaps it was justified, perhaps it wasn't. I haven't looked into this issue closely enough to decide.

I will say this, however: whatever negative impact Snowden might have had on the world, I know I would rather see him go unpunished than be rendered into the hands of the US government to have their way with him.


Read other answers by Brian Bi on Quora:

from Quora http://ift.tt/28WgCUf

No comments:

Post a Comment