Friday, February 24, 2017

What do teenagers expect from their parents on their 18th birthday?

My 18th birthday gift? A bottle of scotch older than myself.

You see, after moving house we threw everything up in the attic and left it there. I would have been 13 at the time. Three years later, when I was 16 and my dad was rummaging around in the attic, he happened upon a bottle of scotch. Really nice scotch. Written on it was something that said '15 years old'. I figure it must've been that old upon sale, so at the time would have been 18 years old assuming the previous owners left it there right before selling, which is probably unlikely. So yeah, a really old, really good bottle of fine scotch whisky. Not bad considering it was free.

FYI, the minimum drinking age in the UK is 18.



Read other answers by Jake Williams on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2msMwfI

No comments:

Post a Comment