Monday, February 27, 2017

What is the biggest lie society has taught you to believe?

What is the biggest lie society has taught me to believe?

That talking to strangers is weird

  • My parents met on a tour bus in London
  • Most the girls I have dated I met on subways, buses, and grocery stores
  • Most of my best friends I met at coffee shops and the gym

Society has taught people that these relationships shouldn’t exists. You should sit in silence on the train rather than ask the person about their book or compliment their scarf.

Sure there’s not reading social cues and being a bother, but not talking to anyone because you’re afraid of bothering them, is like being a doctor who’s afraid of treating patients because you might misdiagnose every once in a while.

My life exists because my parents had the courage to talk to a stranger

If they listened to the social narrative of not talking to people they don’t know

I wouldn’t exist.

If you liked this answer check out my podcast!
The Lazy Philosopher



Read other related questions on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2lMS2ux

No comments:

Post a Comment