Thursday, February 23, 2017

What kind of conversations happen only in the UK?

1) Strangers when getting into a lift:
"Go ahead"
"No no, by all means"
"Please, after you"
"Honestly, go on"
"Well all all right then. Much appreciated."
*doors close leaving both standing there*

2) Warden: "Madam, I'm going to have to issue you with a ticket. You are illegally parked".
Woman: "Seriously? It was only for 5 minutes to nip into Hassan's to grab the Daily Mail"
Warden: "It doesn't matter I'm afraid"
*Signs ticket and hands over*
*Takes ticket*
Woman: "Thank you" (without a hint of sarcasm)

3) "Dear, I checked the weather forecast for your outing today."
"Great. Do I need my sunglasses or umbrella?"
"Both. You better wear your Parka and carry a light jacket with you for the afternoon. And pack a pair of shorts and some gloves just in case."



Read other answers by Sable de Oliveira on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2lt5KnZ

No comments:

Post a Comment