Saturday, February 25, 2017

What's something you used to skimp on, until you tried high quality and now you can't go back?

I cannot go back to "civilian" quality.

I once found myself in the middle of a heat wave.  After drinking too much beer, I decided to buy a fan.  There were 10,000 available on Amazon and EBAY.  In my fuzzy state, that was way too many choices.

There were only 5 choices when it came to industrial fans.  So I bought one.

Imagine my surprise when an 18-wheeler appeared three days later.  The driver asked where my forklift was located.  That's when I remembered the beer-induced fan order.

Fortunately, my neighbor owns a forklift.   The massive blower was like something from NASA.  My neighbor was impressed.

The heat wave passed.  But the fan is so much fun, I now regularly conduct wind tunnel experiments.  Most involve indoor airflow patterns using confetti or taped string.  These are fairly scientific.

But some involve smoke (indoor fire barrel).  These experiments are completely illegal.  But hey, they should have thought of that before they sold me this thing...



Read other answers by Stacy Tidwell on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2miVQ9V

No comments:

Post a Comment