Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Life Advice: Has life ever gotten better for you beyond what you had imagined?

When I was in college I failed six programming interviews!  I failed interviews at Google, Quora, Dropbox, Microsoft, LinkedIn, and Sift Science.  I didn't get an internship that year, and spent the summer working on a project with my brother.

Then I went to grad school and started working at Twitter.  They liked me so much they gave me a return offer.  And then another return offer.  In the end I worked there for nine months and had a super fun time.  Plus they told me I was a really good intern.

It's nice to look back a couple years and reflect on how much you've improved.  For some reason I thought I was going to be a bad programmer forever, but I guess not.



Read other answers by Jessica Su on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2bCjFTI

No comments:

Post a Comment