Saturday, August 27, 2016

What is America like with all those guns around?

It doesn’t bother me at all. I’ve never heard a gunshot outside of appropriate places. The “problem” is completely misrepresented by the media and vote seeking politicians. I see people open carrying pistols in holsters on a regular basis and nobody freaks out. It’s normal. People open carrying aren’t the ones going on shooting rampages and we know this. We know that unless we’re in a gang or involved in the illegal drug trade, we have a better chance of being struck by lightning than being murdered with a gun. Contrary to what others may think, people don’t just start shooting over an argument in line at the grocery store. There are 100 million gun owners in America and only a handful of them ever kill anybody, and again as I said earlier, if you’re not in a gang or involved in the illegal drug trade, you really have nothing to fear.

I get to carry a gun myself in case I ever need it. I never have and hope I never do, but I’d rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. I get to buy, own and shoot almost every kind of gun I want to and I do on a regular basis. The law supports our right to self defense and will protect us in case we have to shoot some crack addict with a knife who is trying to rob us.

My local gun range is packed every weekend with people practicing. People from all demographics and walks of life. Judges, executives, teachers, mechanics, Doctors and other professionals. The only thing I don’t see much at my range is the stereotypical “hillbilly” gun owner. The parking lot has more BMW type vehicles than rusted out pickup trucks.

So, what is America like? It’s great. We get to defend ourselves and take care of our own safety using the most effective tool available.



Read other answers by Kai Herrmann on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2bZLqDQ

No comments:

Post a Comment