Friday, August 26, 2016

What is the probability that I can evade a chase if a police helicopter is following me?

Having never flown a police helicopter, but having many hours in helicopters in general, I’m inclined to say, “Oh, please… go ahead and try.”

Pretty please. Really. It’d be fun.

Your driving skills are irrelevant; I don’t have to follow the road. If I’m in a particularly mischievous mood, I’ll get ahead of you and pop up in your path.

(Boo.)

You can go under cover; a helicopter pilot can see where you went and point ground responders that way. (Heck, I hovered and flagged down a fire truck one time to get them to the scene of a plane crash. You don’t even need radios if your body language is good…)

You bail out and go overland; if the helicopter has infrared and/or low-light TV capability, you’re just going to be smellier when you’re tossed in the cell.

A police officer friend once told me, “You can’t outrun the radio.” Somebody most likely always will have eyes on you once you’ve attracted enough attention to involve a helicopter. A surface chase might endanger the public and force patrol cars to back off; a helicopter chase will just keep going, and going, and going…



Read other answers by Tom Farrier on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2blJ5Vv

No comments:

Post a Comment