Sunday, August 28, 2016

What factors do you use to determine how much you will tip a waiter/waitress?

I give flat 20% tip to waitress in regular restaurants. The waitress has to do something outrageous for me to give less. I've never worked as a waitress, but I did work in customer service field, as in a "if you can't put on a smile in the morning, don't come to work" job. And I know it's hard. Even the waitress takes long time to get back to me or never come and ask if I need anything, I got angry at the moment, but when I sign the bill, I just can't bring myself to give less.

The waitress has to be disrespectful or right out rude for me to give less tip, and that often accompanied with a talk to the manager. But so far, that had never happened.

I don't give more than 20% either... I mean, I'm not rich. If a service is particularly good, I'll tell the manager.


Read other answers by Feifei Wang on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2bKflEd

No comments:

Post a Comment