Friday, June 3, 2016

How can I politely tell a grocery store cashier that I am not interested in her comments on my groceries?

I have found that answering, but tacking the phrase 'in accordance with the prophecy' on the end of each sentence, to be helpful:

> Is this a snack for the big game?
> Yes, I am eating popcorn tonight in accordance with the prophecy

> What are you going to make with these?
> This is the 7th Day of the month of December, so I am eating Lasagne in accordance with the prophecy

> Oh is this what you are having for supper tonight?
> No. I am buying the fish so that I may store it for two days and two nights in accordance with the prophecy

It may not actually be effective in stopping her asking, but if you turn it into a game with yourself, you may find that it cheers you up, and turns the trivial questions into a positive part of your day.


Read other answers by Mark Harrison on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/1X2yjWh

No comments:

Post a Comment