Tuesday, November 29, 2016

How has international travel during your 20s impacted the rest of your life?

I've travelled to Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong, Canada, and Turkey. I've been studying in the United States for about 5 years.

The biggest thing that traveling does for you is that it broadens your outlook and removes bias like nothing else will do. I am reminded of a comic from Zen Pencils 73. MARK TWAIN: An educational journey:
Back when I was studying in India, homosexuality was not a topic that was discussed at all. It was very much on the fringe of things to talk about, and often only as the subject of a joke. My views on this drastically changed when I come to the US to study. There really is nothing like seeing something first-hand to change your views.

Read other answers by Vijay Chidambaram on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2ggu2PS

No comments:

Post a Comment