Tuesday, November 29, 2016

I was caught with a slip while writing an exam in college. They are going to impose a ban on me for 2 semesters if I am unable to defend myself on hearing of the case by teachers committee. How should I defend myself?

Assuming you cheated, be prepared to accept the consequences of being caught whether you aspire to be a more ethical person or not. In either case, since you've been caught, if you'd like to try avoid the consequences without further lies then I suggest this:

Admit wholeheartedly your mistake;
Explain why it is bad in a way that shows true understanding;
Explain that, despite the lapse in judgement, you'd like to continue;
 Offer an acceptably harsh penance for the transgression;
Hope they decide to show you leniency;
Follow through on the penance.

Even if they don't allow you to make up for it, what you learn about your character is invaluable.


Read other answers by Jude Hansen on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2fBfB9V

No comments:

Post a Comment