Sunday, November 27, 2016

How heavy is your kid's school bag?

When I was in high school, my bag was between 22 lbs and 43 lbs. My backpacks would actually break at the end of every school year, if not sooner. None survived longer.

The contents really depended on my homework load. I had a locker, but in reality I could only visit it before school and after school. Some teachers required me to have my books in class every day or assigned homework with them every night. So I guess the contents were:

  • 2–4 textbooks
  • 1–2 workbooks
  • 3–6 notebooks, folders, or sketchbooks
  • A pencil box
  • A novel or two
  • A bottle of water and a snack

To make it worse, the trend at my high school was “one-strapping.” I don't know that I ever wore a backpack properly until I was 18.



Read other answers by McKayla Kennedy on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2gA5a3L

No comments:

Post a Comment