Tuesday, November 29, 2016

What are your favorite photos of yourself?

This photo was given to me as a Christmas gift from my sister, Mary, and currently sits in a frame on my mantel. It was taken in the fall of 2006, and shows an auburn-haired me with two of my favorite nephews, Jett and Dash.

We had spent the day raking leaves in my parents' backyard. Well, I used a rake. The little toddlers (age four and two) helped out by picking up one or two leaves at a time and dropping them into the pile.

It took most of the day, but we made it fun, racing around in the wheelbarrow and making a game out of taking the leaves to the compost pile. My parents cut down that tree (39 years old, same age as I was) the following summer. No more raking. But no more magical afternoons like this.


The next picture isn't significant in any major way. I'm in my SF apartment (yes, a little cramped and messy) with my friend Kevin, circa 1999. We are most likely on our way to a gay nightclub, probably the Universe at 177 Townsend. I like this picture because I was young (age 32), wrinkle-free, and could get away with that ridiculously short and fake-red hair.



Read other answers by Caroline Zelonka on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2gUa0fe

No comments:

Post a Comment