Wednesday, November 30, 2016

What is the best advice your mother ever gave you?

When I was a young bride (30 years ago), I left my husband about once a week and went home to my parents. My mom gave me tea, listened to my concerns and then after about an hour would put my tea cup in the dishwasher and send me home.  For all my talk anout my husband not knowing how to sort laundry or put away dishes, my mom knew that I was just frightened about my new life.  She never said much, other than 'it's time for you to go home'.  My poor husband was home, mowing the lawn or performing some other glorious task, not realizing that for the last 45 minutes I had been ready to move back to my parents' home. 

My folks were married for 66 years. My mom knew that once you got past the first few, it got much easier.  She just kept sending me back home so that I could learn this for myself 



Read other answers by Carol Vachon on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2fPM9LW

No comments:

Post a Comment