Wednesday, December 28, 2016

What is the weirdest/grossest/most disturbing thing seen by emergency room staff? Do you ever find it difficult not to faint?

Responded to a call one time. Arrived to find a large naked man sitting on a chair in the garage. When I asked why he called he opened his legs where I saw that his scrotum was hugely swollen, mostly black and had maggots crawling all over it.

Another time, we responded to a shooting. A guy in an upstairs apartment had been shot in the head accidently. His roommate was in the bedroom moving his gun when it went off. The bullet went through the wall and struck the patient in the forehead. We placed him on a backboard so we could take him down to the medical helicopter. While we were carrying him down the stairs, his brain -which had swollen very much- began oozing out of the bullet hole and on to me. I wanted to just drop the backboard and get that off me but obviously I couldn't do that. By the time we got the patient loaded my shirt and pants were covered in bloody brains.

I have a few more but they are even more disturbing and I don't even want to talk about them...


Read other answers by Michael Teague on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2hPl362

No comments:

Post a Comment