Saturday, December 31, 2016

What's the creepiest thing your pet has ever done?

I was 9, and I used to keep a stray cat. Too bad I didn’t have her picture, but she’s practically look like this:

Just your ordinary looking cat, isn’t it?

She’s the only cat I’ve ever cherished, and the last one at that, because after her, I never really have interest in cats anymore.

Her name is Cing. She always hung around my house every day. As soon as I want Cing to be my pet, I tried to bond with her by giving leftovers. Cing wasn’t a friendly cat when I first interact with her. She always run away when I approached her. It took me more than 10 attempts until she started to trust me. After this, Cing started to develop the courage to visit my house. She often sleeps on the couch, walking aimlessly. It’s like she knew the right time to visit me. Whenever I feel bored or lonely (I was the only child), she was always there. So at a point I didn’t see her as cat anymore, but as a friend. I talk to her, she always respond to it. I felt happy because this unfriendly cat become the friendliest cat I ever knew. She’s never too clingy or too distant, in short, she knew how to make myself comfortable with her.

Cing is a smart cat. Sometimes me and my parents wonder if she actually had an owner. She never poop inside our house. Whenever she wanted to poop, she would give us the cue, like meowing and then walking to the stairs and go back to us again. At first we had no idea what she meant, but then my Dad tried to open the door and she immediately run away, getting to closest bushes (it’s not really close to our house) and poop there. She also caught a lot of rats, so my parents were really thankful because my they run an Indian restaurant and they are worried the rats would screw the food storage. So, ever since Cing stayed frequently in our house, we never had any rats problem anymore.

My relationship with Cing has always been peaceful. It was when she gave birth to 7 kitties that my child-self became too curious and excited that the situation becomes creepy for me, and sad for her. So it was the first time for me to see newborn kitties, and they look so fragile, small that I can’t help playing with them. What it wasn’t really playing, I guess I could say I kind of torture one of the kitties. I took it to circling around, and I think cats can feel dizzy to right? I also put the kitty in random places, maybe above a washing machine lid. And I’d immediately put her in the floor. I think this kitty will feel cold too right? So basically I did wrong with them.

Cing and her kitties stayed on the rooftop because it’s a quiet place and it was only used for washing and hanging clothes to dry. So one day I found out that the kitties were all gone from my mom, she said it was mostly the rats that devour these kitties, and I was surprised. I was even more surprised when Cing ran to me aggresively, as she was never like this before. She keeps on meowing in a not so friendly tone, she looked rather mad. Then I immediately thought, what if she accused me of killing her kitties? I told Cing,

“I’m sorry, I will try to find your kitties. I know you’re mad at me, and I understand where you’re coming from. I was a jerk for playing with your kitties all this time.”

She gave long meowing before attacking me with more short interval meow. When I walk upstairs to the third floor she also followed me in a aggresive manner, she would often scratch my legs and bit me. I was panicked and I started to cry, but I also realized it was all my fault for playing with her cat like that. So I let her do that while I was walking, and when I reached the rooftop, the box where Cing and her kitties would usually vacate were empty and there’s stain of blood everywhere inside the box.

I didn’t know what to say, I was really scared because it seemed that Cing wouldn’t calm down anytime soon, she kept attacking me, and yet I can somehow sense the sadness behind those scratching, biting, and lot of meowing that followed, also a huge amount of indescribable anger. Lots of it.

It’s almost she directly talk to me in a human way,

“BASTARD, WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY KIDS?! TELL ME WHERE THEY ARE! DID YOU KILL THEM? HOW DARE YOU! I HAD GIVE BIRTH TO THEM WITH SO MUCH STRUGGLE AND NOW YOU”RE DOING THIS TO ME? IS THIS HOW YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO ACT AS A HUMAN BEING? WHERE IS YOUR FUCKING HUMANITY?! BRING ME BACK MY KIDS, YOU ASSHOLE! BRING THEM BACK!!!”

I’m sorry for the explicit language, but honestly that’s how I feel when she was extremely mad at me like that.

I felt really guilty back then. But Cing was an exceptional cat. Just a week later, she started to get close to me again! Can you imagine that? I was ready for the farewell, because I thought she would never want to be my friend anymore, but then that happened, she approached me, laying in my lap, stroking her face at my legs. She trusted me again like she used to, and when she gave a birth again, I never dare to lay a finger on her kitties anymore. Ever.

But Cing isn’t here anymore. Shortly after giving birth for the third time, she came upstairs, to the second floor where me and my parents lived, and she was bleeding so badly from the birthing. My mom was shocked because it was the afternoon, the time for one of my mom’s maid to mop the floor, so Cing basically was there, with blood dripping from her body, looking rather in deep pain, while the maid was mopping the floor. Cing was there in the wrong time. My mom spontaneously told the maid to shoo her away. I was horrified when the maid use the end of the mop stick to kick her out.

“D-don’t do that to her! She will get hurt!” I yelled to my maid grudgingly.

The maid was already too focused on getting rid of her, and Cing just didn’t want to be bothered, so with the last strength she had, she jumped to the washbasin that face directly to the opened window, and she jumped from the window.

“NO! CING!”

I tried to call but there was no answer. Mom countlessly tried to convince me that Cing was just having a rest somewhere and that she would come back tomorrow.

So, I wait for her the next day, and she wouldn’t come. After weeks, months, and a year, I finally decided to believe that she’s dead, even though I never really saw her anymore. I believe Cing wasn’t the kind of cat who would just leave us like that, especially when she still had two kitties with us.

Cing left us with two kitties and wonderful memories with her calm and smart demeanor.

The kitties weren’t as smart as their mother, and they also left us, although not because of death, it’s more like they decided to venture somewhere else.

And.. that’s how I never really had cats after Cing and her kitties. I think I stop caring about cats, because it deeply saddened me when Cing had to leave like that. Maybe I was too scared I’d experience that again. And it was also because after Cing, I never really meet cats that naturally smart but not annoying like Cing.

It’s Cing or not at all.



Read other related questions on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2hCnhrN

No comments:

Post a Comment