Saturday, December 31, 2016

What is your irrational belief?

Mine is going to sound really mundane compared to everyone else’s, but here it goes. Maybe someone can relate:

I’m 36, married to a woman I met in college, have three kids, and living on the opposite side of the country from where I grew up. I have an amazing life that I couldn’t have dreamed of when I first moved to this city at age 18.

But I still have this belief that one day I will meet my high school crush on the street, and she will ask me to run away with her. She will apologize for not giving me a chance back then. She will claim she’s been thinking about me ever since we last saw each other (June 1997). And she will look exactly like she did back then.

On top of that, all of the other guys in high school that I was always jealous of will be totally jealous of me that I finally “got” Anne.

And my wife will be totally cool with this. She’ would say with a smile: “I just want you to be happy. Go, be with her. Or be with both of us. I understand.”



Read other related questions on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2hWc8jq

No comments:

Post a Comment