Thursday, December 29, 2016

Where is most expensive restaurant in New York?

The most expensive I know of (and Wikipedia agrees) is the Japanese restaurant, Masa, at Columbus Circle, on the southwest corner of Central Park, hidden away on the fourth floor of the Time Warner Center. I proposed to my wife, Aliona, there.

They only open when they have a reservation. I paid $450 a person (now it’s $595) for a 27 course tasting menu. The dishes were mostly small (thankfully), and all tasted perfectly flavored and just what we were in the mood for after the previous dish. Just like the tea ceremony-inspired ambiance, the dishes were artfully simple. For instance, one dish consisted of neatly angled, refreshingly juicy slices of a large strawberry which we were told just arrived in from … Japan of course.

A phalanx of people were waiting on us, and I prearranged for us to have a small interlude where we were left undisturbed, so I could say my awkwardly somber speech. There were I believe two other tables occupied, plus one guy at the sushi bar who I’m to this day convinced was Meatloaf. We got some applause after she said yes.

At the end, we were treated to slices of green tea crepe cake.

Satisfied customers here, but YMMV.



Read other answers by Scott Danzig on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2iHBly4

No comments:

Post a Comment