Sunday, October 30, 2016

Do you believe in karma? Does karma happen to everyone?

Three years ago a woman I knew from university came up to me at a bar, called me a name I wouldn't want to repeat, and then spat on my face. Shocked and without retort (because it made no sense to me) I walked out of the room, had a little cry and went home.

Last week, I was telling someone that I didn't believe in karma. And essentially I don't. I do believe that if you put good out in the world good does come back. I definitely do not believe that people who have had ill fortune are somehow deserving of it.

Two days ago I was walking down the street and I saw, coming towards me, the woman who had spat on my face. I was about to give her a little nod to say hello (I find holding grudges to be incredibly unhealthy) when before she even saw me, a woman standing on the footpath called her I name I won't repeat here and SPAT ON HER FACE.

Now, this is weird. In my life, spitting isn't an everyday thing. I have seen this woman maybe twice since she spat on me. But suddenly, here I am actually witnessing her getting spat on. I didn't feel happy, it was sad for her, getting spat on is pretty awful.

Maybe in some weird way, because of some not so awesome events that happened to me this year, the universe was trying to tell me that everything would work out. That karma is real.

Probably not though. Sometimes it's comforting to think that it is.


Read other related questions on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2ecWbpE

No comments:

Post a Comment