Monday, October 31, 2016

What kind of conversations happen only in the UK?

I’m from London and left 15 years ago to live in New York, then Singapore. The conversation that always makes me smile when I go back is the “thank you” exchange that happens when I’m buying something from a shop:

“Thank you” (As I put the item on the counter)

“Thank you” (The check out person picks it up)

“Would you like a bag?” (Check out person)

“Yes please” (Me)

“Thank you” (Check out person, handing over my item)

“Thank you” (Me)

“That’s five pounds” (Check out staff)

“There you go” (Me handing over money)

“Thank you” (Check out person accepting the money)

“A penny change, thank you” (Check out person giving me the change)

“Thank you” (me accepting the change)

“Thank you, bye” (Check out person thanking me for the purchase)

“Thank you, bye” (Me thanking them)



Read other related questions on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2fa8tg4

No comments:

Post a Comment