Saturday, October 29, 2016

What are some of your deepest and most horrifying secrets that only you know about?

I was physically abused by policemen. Men holding higher authority of society than I do.

I had just turned 16. I was going home from music lessons when two guys showed me their ID cards and demanded I go with them into their car. I think it was a federal vehicle.

They asked me my bra size, how advanced I was in sexual matters, why I was out at this hour. “You welcomed trouble,” they joked. I was at a loss of words. Forceful grabs and commands followed. I eventually started crying. I don’t know why but one of the men surprisingly showed sympathy. He told the other man to let me go and make sure I come back the next day, to their office this time, after gaining emotional stablility. They took my number. Couldn’t cheat there, they made sure their test call made my phone ring. Once out of the car, I ran like anything.

I showered for hours trying to remove the impurity of the incident. And I thought about how to escape their plan. I called a close friend of mine whose almost every family member was either in the army or in the police. He asked for details of where it happened, what the men looked like. He asked me which police station it took place near. I was sure these things were going to be of no help to locate or identify the men. His uncle who apparently had a senior rank in that very police station assured me it was going to be over. Yet, I had my phone in my hand all day the next day.

No calls arrived.

My friend said later that the matter had been “taken care of.”

When I look back now I am thankful to “serendipity” that I was not raped or molested in a worse way. And I don't let this get to me. I am pretty vocal about my own mistakes, hilarious wrongdoings or questionable actions. But this is something that only the best friends have known until today.

EDIT: Thank you for the views and upvotes empaths! It's my fourth day at Quora and I admire how non-judgemental and understanding the users are here.



Read other answers by Prionti N on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2eZDkgw

No comments:

Post a Comment