Monday, October 31, 2016

What's a cool thing you ‘invented’ as a kid, only to find it had already been invented?

The rotary engine.

I was 14 at the time and just getting interested in cars and engines and how they all fit together. I remember looking at an engine diagram and thinking “huh. I wonder how we could make this smaller.” I started by making a sort of pushrod engine shown below.

That made me wonder if I could make it less complicated so I basically came up with the Wankel Rotor design shown below

After planning how I would spend my millions of dollars I showed my design to my dad who proceeded to applaud my design and how I got there but told me I was a little too late to capitalize on it :(



Read other related questions on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2f2DDJV

No comments:

Post a Comment