Sunday, October 30, 2016

What are some of your deepest and most horrifying secrets that only you know about?

When I was living in Spain, 1992-1994, I was living on an inheritance.  I stopped going to school after return to Spain from vising my family (back in Cleveland) around Christmas 1993.  I simply never went back to school. During the following six months (Jan-Jun 1994) I:
  • Went to Africa (Morocco, Mauritania, Senegal, Gabon).
  • Went to Venezuela and "sneaked" across the border into Colombia and never got my passport stamped. 
My parents STILL don't know.

FURTHERMORE, when I returned to the USA in 1994 and had no transferable grades to show my school, I stood in my counselor's office and talked him into granting me "pass" on almost every class except -- I believe -- English and History.  It was LITERALLY the man's last day on the job (he was as old as dirt -- having also been my father's guidance counselor in high school).  That means:  I skipped my entire senior year of high school, lied through my teeth to the guy, annoyed him so greatly that in order to get me to shut-the-fuck-up, he simply gave me "passes" (no letter grade) on all my classes but for some reason got hung up on English and History which I had to take while going to some community college.


Read other related questions on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2eXcc28

No comments:

Post a Comment