Friday, October 28, 2016

What is the strangest thing you own?

It's not strange, but it's certainly unusual or unique.

A few years ago I bought a quilt that was sewn in order to give directions to the Underground Railroad.

The entire quilt has one geometrical (triangles, if I can remember correctly) pattern but in one area, the pattern is sewn in the opposite direction to send a message. I was told it worked because they thought the slaves were just too stupid to sew a pattern consistently.

To me it represents the power of knowledge, resourcefulness, and ingenuity over oppression, hate, and ignorance.

I absolutely love it.

Also, please visit Are there any resources for interpreting quilts that gave directions to the Underground Railroad? 


After reading the other posts, I remembered that I also own my step father's pacemaker. I helped my mom do all of his funeral arrangements and since he was cremated, they had to remove the pacemaker. They asked if we wanted it. I asked my mom if I could have it and she said yes. I thought it was pretty freaking cool. Still do. Strange though, I've been told.



Read other related questions on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2eFftVf

No comments:

Post a Comment