Sunday, October 30, 2016

Does a pocket knife count as a weapon, if pulled over by a cop and asked if you have any weapons on you?

If I was asked by a cop if I had any weapons, I would detail everything I had on me that could be construed as a weapon. I’m not in the situation often, but my objective would be to present as non-confrontational and non-threatening a posture as possible. I don’t want the cop to have any reason to think I might hurt him.

So, yes, I would tell him about the Spyderco folding clip knife that is usually in my right front trouser pocket, the pepper spray-loaded Kubaton that is on my key ring (and the handcuff key I have there), and certainly the Glock pistol that I might have in any one of several locations, depending on where I am and what I’m wearing. Cops don’t like surprises on traffic and pedestrian stops.



Read other answers by Tim Dees on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2ePurFY

No comments:

Post a Comment