Sunday, October 30, 2016

What's the creepiest thing your pet has ever done?

Talk to another cat that had passed…for weeks. I think.

I once had three cats, two young who grew up and played together. One very old.

The old one, Crystal, never really cared for the younger ones, but one of the younger ones, Kita, the male, oh, he just loved her. No matter she was kind of mean to him, he loved her all the same.

Crystal kitty used to yowl, to call me. It was something she started as she slowly lost her sight, as she went from old to really, really old. She would make this one, very particular yowl, whenever she needed to know where I was. I'd answer, that would be it. She was the only one who ever did it. I was the only one who answered.

At 24 3/4 years, it was Crystal kitty's time. I used to say I had that cat longer than I had breasts, and it was true. I took her passing hard. Kita took it hard too. Even Moisha, who previously never once acted like she enjoyed anything except tormenting Crystal, even Moisha mourned.

I went to bed that first night….and the sound of Crystal kitty calling me woke me up. It happened night after night, for weeks. I thought I was losing my mind.

Maybe it was Kita, though often both he and Moisha were in bed with me when I was awoken to that particular call. If it was Kita, I never once actually saw him make that sound, not ever, not once on his entire 20 years.

It probably was Kita. He was one hell of a cat.



Read other related questions on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2eXsoQJ

No comments:

Post a Comment