Sunday, October 30, 2016

What has been the biggest plot twist in your life?

8yrs ago,

I fled home where I was living with my Dad,

After I mistakenly spoilt his Nokia phone I was playing games with,

For fear of getting beaten by him.

Wandering on the streets,

I met a couple of kids who fled their homes too due to abuse meted on them by their parents/guardians.

Our misery brought us together,

And we transversed the city of Calabar Nigeria, scavenging for food to eat and sleeping in uncompleted buildings and public bus stops at night.

From the young promising kid who had dreams of becoming an Engineer,

I was now a homeless kid scavenging for food on the streets.

My father wasn't even keen on looking for me and I wasn't keen on returning home even with the hardships I faced as a kid on the streets.

I lived like that for some years with my street kids 'gang' .

Before I knew it , many of us were smoking and robbing,

But I choosed a different path , abstaining from drugs and scavenging for Scrap metal to sell to survive.

A few years after and am now 17 ,with a little money, I rent an apartment in a cheap area and enroll in a school to learn basic computing in the evenings when I get back from my scavenging hustle.

Now here I am a few years after,

Regretting that I left home and didn't get an education that could have helped me to get a decent employment, but thanking my stars too that I didn't fall into drugs and criminality like some of my street gang guys who are now dead or in prison



Read other related questions on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2eXUiyp

No comments:

Post a Comment