Tuesday, December 20, 2016

What are some important and generalizable life lessons?

After reading the other erudite responses to this question, I'm well aware I have many years to go before I'll be able to put my own life lessons in enough context to believe they have merit.

Nevertheless, here's one small lesson I have attained worth sharing...

Create.

Looking back on life thus far, anything that has doubtlessly made me feel satisfied has come from the act of creation. I considered making this lesson 'Write', because there is so much to be gained from writing. From simply understanding one's own daily thoughts, to changing the world through one's ideas - it fundamentally comes down to writing. However, it is evident that we can accomplish similar goals without just writing. From painting, to sculpting, to building a home - the act of creating is the most satisfying feeling I've ever experienced, and that sheer level of elation that it evokes forces me to believe it simply must be universal.

I see far too many friends go down tracks that inhibit creation, or they work in a capacity in which they are so far removed from actual creation they nearly forget what it feels like. Find the time to create and express yourself in the written and artistic form. The moments of satisfaction that you can derive from that process can be what make waking up in the morning genuinely worth it.


Read other answers by Skip Bronkie on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2hoU94Z

No comments:

Post a Comment