Friday, January 27, 2017

Have you ever been bullied in high school?

My older sister was bullied alot.

 So much so that my parents eventually pulled at out of school and had us home schooled.

My sister has dark skin and her four younger siblings are all lily white.
The difference between the way she was treated vs the way we were treated was seriously soul crushing.

One day I'll remember forever...

My twin sister and I (11 at the time) were home watching TV when my big sister (Za - 13 at the time) walked through the door.
She sat down and asked what we were watching and when I turned around to answer her my jaw dropped.

Her face was covered in blood especially from her nose and a gash on her temple.  Her eye was shut and puffy. She looked frightening.
We started freaking out asking "what happened?!"

She grabbed a paper towel and wet it and started dabbing her face and said, "Don't worry I'm alright. I got into a fight with some boys."

Basically, she saw her friend being bullied and told the guys to fuck off. They beat the shit out of her while her friend ran away.
When my parents came home and saw her my mum just lost her shit and called my uncle. I should mention that the way my mum deals with things isn't always conventional.

My uncle was a retired gang member who was now running a campaign against bullying (Weird. I know but it's 100% true) and he told her "Don't worry I'll sort it out"

He and his sons visited the families of the bullies (apparently they knew them) and said this

"Everyday next week our boys are going to give your son a hiding after school. Tell him not to run away. That will make it worse. After a week, that'll be it."

It was a weird community okay?

So that's what they did.
She never had problems from them again.

Just a note:

I don't necessarily agree with how they went about it but at the time it was very satisfying. You're not going to get to the core of the problem with violence because it turns it into a cycle but it's my sister and at the time no one was thinking rationally.


Also, about 8 years later we found out that the leader of the pack that bullied her stabbed his girlfriend to death and then killed himself.

I thought it was really sad.


Read other related questions on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2jlZ9Hu

No comments:

Post a Comment