Sunday, January 29, 2017

What has been the biggest plot twist in your life?

Comparatively, a pretty small plot twist:

I exist because of a car.

Not just any car. A beat-up silver Infiniti with duct tape on the back.

Yup.

When my parents got married, my mom tried to convince my dad to get a car that he didn’t want; he was set on an Infiniti.

My mom wanted kids, but my dad didn’t.

They compromised: my dad could get his car if my mom could have a baby.

And my sister came into the equation.

Now obsessed, my mom wasted no time in getting pregnant two more times. I was born, and then my brother was. I’m 18 months apart from my older sister (a year and a half and three days, to be precise) and 16 months apart from my younger brother.

My sister is 17 and a half. My dad bought the car used.

He sold it for $1,000 several years ago, and it’s somehow still running.

One of the doors won’t open. Its gas mileage is terrible. There’s a leak in the back so my dad had to duct tape the car. Now, it reads Iti instead of Infiniti.

That dang car won’t give up. It refuses to wheeze its dying breath. I wouldn’t be surprised if it outlived my entire family.



Read other answers by Brooke Schwartz on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2kHWRI1

No comments:

Post a Comment